by Mary Kay Seales
Nobody likes beaches like I like beaches! When my mind wanders, that’s where it goes. To a beach I’ve known and loved or to one on my list of “Most Wanted Beaches.” I’m not sure if everyone feels so entranced by the sight of white sand and blue water, of waves and coves, and a blazing sun. But for sure, there are many of us who are mesmerized by these images and drawn to them. It’s our drug of choice.
Here are a few of my favorites:
- The beaches of Nice, France, along the Promenade des Anglais (so many to choose from along this stretch)
- The beach at Roquebrune-Saint-Martin, just east of Monaco, also along the Côte d’Azur
- The beach at the Grand Case Beach Resort on the island of St. Martin (in the Caribbean)
- Playa Matira on Bora Bora
- The cool, misty beaches along the Pacific Coast of Washington State from Hobuck Beach and Shi Shi Beach near Cape Flattery to First, Second and Third Beach just west of Lake Quinault
- The beach at the Peace Corps Training Center on Lake Kivu in Bukavu, a small city on the eastern border of the Democratic Republic of Congo
- The Gulf of Aqaba along the Sinai Peninsula
I’ve left a few off this list, but there are so many more for me to see in my limited time on this planet.
Check out this new listing created by Flight Network, “The World’s 50 Best Beaches.” If you’re like me, you will be drooling over the photos and reworking your travel list to include a few of these spots.
If you’ve traveled to a beach you want to share with the rest of us, please send me a photo and description, and I’ll include it on the next post!
Hats off to sun and water and sand lovers everywhere!